Welcome to Duke Science Review
The Duke Science Review is a unique platform allowing for the exploration and development of scientific passions while honing skills in written communication. The process begins by submitting a proposal conveying your interests, allowing us to pair you with a team of experienced writers and editors from across Duke’s graduate schools to aid in the writing process from start to finish. The DSR is focused on producing high-quality scientific reviews that is accessible and engaging across the entire Duke community, both within and beyond scientific disciplines. Whether to answer a lingering question, shine a light on your hard work at Duke, interview an admired faculty member or simply open the floor for thought….Join us in creating Duke’s premier scientific journal. Submit a proposal for the 2016-2017 issue today!
Submit Proposals here: http://bit.ly/2gCQ4Nf
- Zika: Crisis and Opportunity
Anthony Hung, Karishma Popli, John Deng, and Shaq Junaid
- The Changing Face of Psychiatric Medicine
- Illuminating the Invisible: Optical Spectroscopy at Duke University and Beyond
- A Close Look at the Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System and an Interview with Dr. Paul Hahn of Duke University
Gary Sulioti, Marcus Coleman, & John Bernabei
A close look at the vision-restoring capabilities of the first FDA-approved retinal prosthesis, the Argus II, and its implementation at Duke University.
- The Human Microbiome
From obesity and metabolism to immunology and disease, new research is revealing that the bacterial inhabitants of the human microbiome have the potential to revolutionize science.
- From Dataset to Bedside
Duke researchers are leveraging Big Data to transform medicine.
- The Potential of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells in Medicine
A closer look at IPS stem cells, one of the most exciting breakthroughs of bioscience in the past two decades.
- Moving Targets in Drug Discovery
- Exploring the Mind: The Intersection of Philosophy and Neuroscience
- To What Extent Does Right Hemisphere Contribute to the Conventional Metaphor Comprehension in Native English Speakers?
- Improvements of Cochlear Implants by Developments in Mathematical Modeling
- SPECIAL FEATURE: Interview with Nobel Laureate Professor Robert Lefkowitz
Anna Brown, Chris Fan, Anirudh Penumaka
- The Explosive Advance of Genomics
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT): Perceptions and Usage
- Exploring Sex Differences in Autism Spectrum Disorders: An Array of Factors, Theories and Uncertainties